- EMEK Security is a security company that provides security for individuals, corporations, and events. EMEK Community Intervention Specialists are highly qualified, highly trained individuals that work together to create a strong, flexible, and customer oriented organization.
- Founder and President Bill Okwuosa- Bill started EMEK Security in 2015 with the goal of providing people and organizations in need of security guard services are getting the best trained and most qualified guards available. Bill began his career at the age of 21 as a corrections officer for the State of Connecticut. Bill has always had a deep desire to help people and has served as Chief Executive Officer for a homeless shelter as well as an out patient services facility. In 2012 Bill started a family reunification and counseling center which he is still involved in today.
- Bill’s credentials:
- International Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ICADC)- a highly regarded certification from the International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium this certification takes years of experience to be eligible for, requires almost 300 hours of course-work, a thorough examination, and must be renewed every two years.
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) – Requires a Master’s degree as well as two years of supervised work experience and requires all candidates to pass the International Certification Examination for Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Counselors as administered by the IC&RC(International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium).
- Association for Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA)- Members of this prestigious organization are committed to “playing a vital role in the prevention of sexual abuse. As an association we want to be proactive in meeting the needs of our membership and in working collaboratively with other stakeholders in a manner that supports high quality research, assessment, treatment, training and policy development. We also know that with limited resources we have to set a clear and engaging direction for our future to ensure that through our work we make a difference in this field.”
- Bachelor’s of Arts Degree in Human Services and Criminal Justice from Springfield College
- Master’s of Business Administration in Organizational Leadership from Albertus Magnus College
His techniques are based on non-violent approaches to handling security conflicts.
- Bill obtained his bachelors degree at Springfield College in Human Services & Criminal Justice, and got his masters at Albertus Magnus College in Business and Organizational Leadership. With experience in counseling, he is able to help people suffering with mental health, and collaborate more with the community.
- In his work, he hopes to join, motivate, and enhance an organization while maximizing on his extensive 20 years experience and talents in Human Services. His strong leadership skills and ability to being an innovative and strategic thinker allows him to manage mentor/coach various levels of staff very successfully. He possesses great interviewing skills, time management, and can set priorities, which lends him to facilitate an orderly flow of work throughout all departments of an agency. He wants to combine his skills for counseling as techniques to handle different security measures. With his expertise, he is able to train a security team that can handle many different aspects of conflict.
If you’re in need of personal security services or event security call EMEK Security at (475)-675-3635.